farmer connect® aims to help the food and beverage supply chain evolve into a collaborative data-driven model, connecting participants at every level. Leveraging end-to-end supply chain data, we want to enable our clients to derive actionable insights to ultimately enhance their decisions and businesses.
Are you passionate about turning data of various kinds and forms into actionable insights, eager to scale our data framework all the way from ingestion to analysis, keen on working with a multitude of partners and clients, and ready to build & lead a highly skilled team? Then we’re looking for you to join us in the strategic role of a Data Architect to accelerate farmer connect’s journey to a fully data-driven company!
- Invent and build Big Data & Analytics solutions that solve complex client problems, scale globally and guarantee top performance
- Work with farmer connect clients & partners, guiding them through planning, prioritization, and delivery of complex transformation initiatives, working closely with Customer Success, Business Development and Marketing
- Support farmer connect® clients with work related to their data architecture, in particular when it comes to integration with the farmer connect® product suite (Farmer ID, Connect Hub, Thank My Farmer)
- Guide the development of ETL solutions to consolidate and connect client & partner data to the farmer connect® product suite
- Use your can-do & problem-solving attitude to analyze issues/problems, identify alternative solutions and help with the implementation of recommendations
Besides that, we would love to see you spending some time on:
- Update your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizations
- Excellent technical & architecture skills in the context of cloud-based global platform/product design, service management and product lifecycle management
- Ability to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and developing a vision of their suitability and role as a new product within a platform & product landscape
- Design and configuration of data movement, streaming and transformation (ETL) technologies (e.g., Azure Data Factory or Kafka)
- Large scale design, implementation and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies (e.g., Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, RedisCache, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra)
- Creation of analytics solutions using e.g., Azure Analysis Services, HDInsight, Spark, Databricks, MapReduce, Pig, Hive
- Knowledge of BI / data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau or Spotfire) is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related field)
- Minimum 10 years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum 2 years in a platform/product architecture/development role
- (Azure) Certification in Solutions Architecture or Specialty (Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Machine Learning) a big plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- The candidate must be fluent in English; other languages (ES, PT, JP) are a big plus
- Permanent position with high potential for personal & professional growth
- Challenging, high-paced environment with many opportunities for impact and adding value
- Young and dynamic team pushing forward and having fun!
- Location: Remote or Geneva CH
- Start date: ASAP
farmer connect® is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.