Founded and headquartered in Switzerland, farmer connect® is a global industry-led initiative with the vision to humanise consumption through technology. Its cutting-edge supply chain technology promotes fair and transparent agriculture, enabling a sustainable, inclusive and efficient food supply chain from farmers to consumers. Its aim is to provides value to all actors of the supply chain.
Built on emerging technologies, such as blockchain, self-sovereign identity, and artificial intelligence, the agritech ecosystem allows safe and private business data storage and sharing, as well as the exchange and tracking of information and payments.
The initiative is supported by industry leaders who recognise digitalisation and sustainability as powerful and meaningful trends in the food sector.
For more information about farmer connect, visit: https://www.farmerconnect.com
The Marketing Manager at farmer connect® will be responsible for collaboratively creating and tactically executing the integrated marketing communications strategy globally.
This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and act as the gateway for all marketing communication operations, managing projects for the farmer connect® products including farmerID, as well as promoting the sustainability projects untaken, like the Orangutan coffee project. This job is fast paced and exciting, and is perfect for someone who likes to be part of a high performing team dedicated to great work and the company’s cultural journey.
This includes planning for and executing integrated marketing tactics – digital first, both organic, paid and earned – to help ensure audience engagement and ROI.
If your talent includes creating and driving creative, measurable digital first B2B marketing communications campaigns, we want to hear from you.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Implementing the marketing strategy globally in key development areas:
- Marketing execution: managing the B2B marketing and communications agencies, to generate compelling, engaging execution that results in qualified leads. Help identify the most effective communication channels to reach relevant B2B target groups and help to create campaigns and content with the appropriate messaging. Planning and implementing campaigns leveraging both traditional (sales collateral, print advertising, direct mail, etc.) and digital (social media, digital advertising, websites, email, etc.) marketing tactics. Responsible for measurement and reporting of campaign results
- Brand champion: ensuring all sales and marketing collateral reflects and adheres to corporate branding principles
- Media: responsible for the paid media planning, and overseeing the buying, analysis and reporting
- Sales Support: partnering with sales to support client meetings – preparing materials for sales presentations, sales brochures and other assets. Supporting other marketing efforts as well as sales meetings, tradeshows and events
- Customer Support : marketing support for the Account team, for example in executing brand guidelines for how clients can use our branded assets, approving pack artworks etc
- Operations / Planning: creating and maintaining process and plans to successfully move all projects forward in a timely, collaborative and efficient manner, ensuring effective budget management
- Team / collaboration: partnering with other team members to help leverage and optimize the websites, e-marketing tools, SEO/SEM, digital advertising, social media channels and other digital marketing tactics. Collaboration with other teams within the organisation and with external partners and clients.
- 5-7 years of experience in a B2B Marketing and/or Communications role developing content and implementing campaigns with a strong focus on lead generation and account-based marketing, including digital marketing (digital marketing certificate would be an advantage)
- Experience in working for a tech company would be preferred, as would some knowledge of the food and beverage sectors and/or supply chain
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRM, LinkedIn Sales Navigator etc would be an advantage
- BA/BS degree in Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field would be an advantage.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills (writing portfolio required)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Proven lead generation expertise that resulted in ROI
- Strong research, analytics and reporting capability
- Experience and success working in a startup organization and collaborating cross-functionally
- Strong business acumen
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills required
- Creative/critical thinking and problem solving skills required.